About Me

Ryan and I were married December 28, 2004. We have one beautiful, very tempermental daughter, Bella. She was born October 20, 2007. We also have Evan, who was born November 1, 2009. Ryan is an actuarial analyst with the Humana. We have begun a new chapter in our lives in Louisville, Kentucky. We can't wait to see what this new place holds for our family!

Wednesday, July 13, 2011

Naming Your Kids

So much thought goes into naming kids. Well, for most people. At least it always has for us. We've debated and semi-argued and vetoed. We've looked online, at movie credits, at names we get in the temple. Then we finally settle on that perfect name, the one that we think we can say 66 million times over the rest of our lives. And we're thrilled, and we start referring to my massive belly by this name.

And then they get a little older. And now I realize, what a waste of time!! You know what matters? All that really matters? Giving them a name that isn't difficult to learn how to write when they're learning how to write. I mean, what were we thinking, a B, and E, and an A?? My poor child is never going to learn how to write her name. I know, I know, she's still young. But seriously, not making ANY headway! All her school papers are just gonna say lllll, cause that's all she can do. At least she's 40% there.

I think I'm gonna name my next kid Tilly or something. Lots of straight lines...

1 comment:

katie said...

seriously...please name your child 'tilly'. i am begging you. their last name will always (well, at least while they are learning to write) be 'jubber' and those letters can be hard, too. well done bre, well done. :) LOVE YA!