About Me

Ryan and I were married December 28, 2004. We have one beautiful, very tempermental daughter, Bella. She was born October 20, 2007. We also have Evan, who was born November 1, 2009. Ryan is an actuarial analyst with the Humana. We have begun a new chapter in our lives in Louisville, Kentucky. We can't wait to see what this new place holds for our family!

Wednesday, January 11, 2012

A quick check-in...

Okay, I have promised people that I will blog more now that I have moved away. Half the people didn't know much about my daily life anyway, but oh well. I'm going to try to start anew! Besides, I'm feeling very volatile right now, so it's good that I'll get a way to get some of this stuff out. So I wanted to just check in. We left for Kentucky last Wednesday. My sister, Terra, came with us cause she had nothing else to do, so she wanted in on the fun. We drove to Ogallala, NE that day and stayed the night. We drove to Columbia, MO the next day, and then finished up the trip on Friday. My parents, the lovely lovely people that they are, solved a HUGE problem for us and volunteered to drive our moving truck out. They left Wednesday afternoon and made it by Friday night. We went kind of slow and made long stops for the kids and me. It's funny, this pregnancy thing. If I'm too active and push it too far, I swell up. But, if I take it too easy, I also swell up. My poor calves were so big and I totally had cankles by the end of the trip. But all in all, it went really well. The kids were amazing for being stuck in the car for 3 days straight. They were really quiet and content for pretty much the whole trip. We were very lucky! The weather was also amazing. We were so dreading another move in January, especially one through Parley's canyon and Wyoming, but there was not even a drop of rain. It was pretty awesome. We felt very blessed. The universe bended to accommodate us!

We stopped by our apartment on Friday night, just to check it out. We had planned to stay in a hotel that night and then unload the truck Saturday morning. We opened the door, and just about got bowled over by the smell coming from the place. It was HORRIBLE!! My immediate thought was cat. And not just cat, but old cat lady that never took care of her cats or house trained them or anything. It was just awful. And the kitchen was pretty dirty, along with the bathrooms. Now, anyone who knows me very well knows that I am a clean freak. It's a disease. I'm fully willing to admit to this, that I am completely OCD about things being clean. But that doesn't make it any easier to deal with a place that is not clean. So late that night, after my parents got to experience the pleasant smell, we ran to the store and picked up 4 boxes of Arm & Hammer carpet deodorizer, oust, and 2 bottles of febreeze. We sprinkled it down and sprayed and sprayed that night. When we came back the next morning, it was a little better. We vacuumed that up, sprinkled down some more, and started unloading. We got everything in in pretty good time, but it was hard to unpack when the place was so dirty. Most of us spent the day deodorizing, sanitizing, and scrubbing. I have never lived in an actual apartment complex, but this just seems unacceptable to me. Nobody, especially pregnant with young children, should be expected to move into a place in that condition. I am not impressed! I didn't think it would be a big deal to not actually see the unit we were moving into. But now I've learned my lesson! So now I just feel like these people are crooks and they'll lie about as much as they can and just hope you don't say anything. But I said something. I told them how disgusting it was and how disappointed I was in the condition of the apartment. I'm sure they don't care, but I got it out anyway!

So now here we are. I can't sit in my apartment without feeling itchy. I'm pretty sure it's all psychological, but still. I'm trying to convince myself that I can handle this. I've spent a lot of time in tears. Neither Ryan or I have ever doubted the decision, it's just been extremely hard. I bawled all day on Sunday and most the day Monday after my parents left. Terra left today, and I've spent the day bawling over that. I know that I just need to meet people and get into the swing of life here, but right now I'm struggling. I attribute about 50% of the emotion (at least) to pregnancy. Bad idea to make that kind of move pregnant. I'm just an emotional mess! But I'm hopeful that things will get better. I'm determined to pull out of this before I have this baby so that I don't fall into some serious post-partum depression! But good news is, my mom will be here for that, so I get to see her again soon! And then I'll go through all the bawling all over again when she leaves me again!

On a positive note, the kids are very happy. Bella gets to have her own room and she's very happy about that. Evan has only asked to go upstairs to see grandma once. They seem to be aware that we're not so close anymore. I think it will hit them, I just don't know when. Ryan is enjoying the new job. He's happy about the move, hasn't shed one tear. I think part of it is because he gets to go to work! But we're close to a lot of stuff too, which is nice. There are 2 Walmarts pretty close, and that's always an essential! I found a really fun park today, and we're going to go check out the library tomorrow. We're gonna try to get moving again and get out of this sobbing-all-the-time funk!

So that's a summary of the last week. There were a few pictures taken, I'll post those later. My mom and I have not called each other yet, because I'm pretty sure that neither of us could get through the conversation. So we just text for now! Apparently my dad has been quite upset as well. We feel so blessed to have lived so close to our families for so long. We formed relationships in a unique way that we never would have otherwise. But I'm kind of cursing the last 3 years right now because I think that has just made this all the harder. We were a part of both of our parent's daily lives, and they were a part of ours. And now it's all gone. It's gonna take some getting used to. So, for those of you who have left your mommies and daddies, tell me, how long did it take you to get over it???

5 comments:

Angelina said...

It's so good to hear from you! I think about you and your family every day. I'm happy to hear you made it safely to Kentucky and that the kids were so good. I can barely make it to Costco before one of my kids is in tears. haha. On Monday Treyton pulled out three graham crackers and wanted to give one to Bella and one to Noah. It was pretty cute. We'll have to keep in touch through blogging. Just because you're in Kentucky doesn't mean we can't stay close friends! BTW, we gave the boys the race car tracks for Christmas. HUGE hit. That's all they play with. I'm SO glad you told me about them! Let me know if you can get into my blog!

Sarah said...

HELLO!! Yay for an update.

I'm sure it's super hard, I rememebr those first few months. Very over-whelming and emotional. I found out I was pregnant about a week after we moved, so I know all about the hormonal imbalances, hahaha :)

Just call if you ever feel lonely and need to talk!

Ry Baby said...

Bree,
Sooo good to hear from you. I'll need to update my blog more for your sake too. I can't imagine moving away with two kids and being pregnant :( Your mom said you went and applied for a loan so I hope desperately you'll get one. That'll make moving away easier, I think :) Miss you already!

Ry Baby said...

Oh blahhh. I'm sure you know that wasn't Ryan :) haha

Jasmyn said...

Oh, Ryan, you're so sensitive. :)

Seriously, Bree - I'm sorry this sucks so bad right now! :( Since we'll probably be following your example in a few months, I'll have to ask you for advice. Either that, or we'll be moving 45 minutes away from his parents, and then I'll just come visit you all the time. :)

Good luck - I'm sure things will get easier soon!